This post will be dated May '08. That's when I actually started a draft with this title, but I never completed it. So today, May 7, 2009, I'm taking time to update the blog.
This post was started in the midst of our potty training attempts with Miss Fidget. She didn't take to it easily. And we tried every trick in the book with her. At this point, we were probably in the "sticker chart" phase. Every time she went to the potty, she got a sticker, and after so many stickers, or so many days of staying dry, we'd take her next door to Gofer Ice Cream. (I'm both grateful and sad that we no longer live next door to an ice cream parlor!) At this point she loved to get "mirkles" on her ice cream. Mirkles = sprinkles. So, if we said we'd take her to get ice cream, she'd look up and ask, "with mirkles???"
What is it with kids and sprinkles, by the way? I never understood the appeal. hmmm.
In hindsight, I wonder if I'd just given sprinkles as rewards if we might have completed potty training more quickly?
Friday, May 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment