This post is long overdue.
Back in January or February, we snuggled in to watch a movie together. I thought that if I watched another story with animated or muppet creatures that I would go bonkers, so I asked MAC to put in Annie. It was my favorite movie as a little girl, and though I thought Fidget was a little young for it, I thought she'd enjoy the singing and dancing for a few minutes and then she would doze off, we could carry her up to bed, and we would move on to whatever it was we would rather watch.
A little over two hours later, Fidget moved for the first time. I don't think she blinked or flinched the entire movie! She was mesmerized--she absolutely loved the movie. Since then, she has requested to watch the movie over and over again. And she has just about memorized not only the soundtrack but the entire movie.
She will sing Tomorrow at the top of her lungs, whenever the mood strikes, no matter where we are. We've entertained countless customers at Stop n Shop--the favorite place to give public concerts. She also likes to belt out Little Girls and Dumb Dog. Whaddaya gonna do???
She's taken to squatting down, patting her knees and calling Sebastian and also NWC like Annie calls her dog, Sandy, in the movie. The looks that are returned from both the cat and her brother are priceless. We keep telling her "Good luck" on trying to call a cat over like that!
And then, there was the night that I was cooking dinner only to turn around and see Fidget hanging from the kitchen sink. She had grabbed hold of the edge and held her feet up off the floor. She was screaming (or should I say, squealing?), "Ah! Help me! Ah! Ah!" It only took me a second to realize that she was re-enacting the scene where Annie is rescued from the bridge. I asked her if she was pretending to be Annie, and she said, "Yes!" with a huge grin on her face, and then said, "Punjab will help me." (for those who don't know Punjab is one of Daddy Warbucks' body guards.)
Needless to say, she's providing us with lots of entertainment, and I relish the fact that she loves the movie as much as I did as a kid. My mom has laughed and asked if I'm sick of hearing the movie or soundtrack play, yet. And still, after all these years, I can still say, not yet. But there's always next week when we'll drive to SC for a vacation....you can ask me again, once we get back! :-)
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment