Thursday, February 22, 2007

I'm a little slow...

...but I finally figured out where she got it. When Fidget says "goodnight" or "goodbye" to something (an object, not a person), she usually does so by hitting it a couple of times. For instance, at night after we've read "Goodnight Moon" for the third or fourth time, I tell her it's time to say "goodnight" to the book, and she does by hitting the cover twice. When I need her to hand me her hairbrush or whatever else she's playing with , so that I can put it away, I'll tell her to say "goodbye," and she does the same thing.

Every session of music class starts with a large drum in the middle of the room for the kids to gather around and play. When it's time for the actual class to start, the teacher will get the drum, and hold it out for each kid to play it again and say "goodbye" to the drum. So, yesterday as Fidget was saying "goodbye" to the drum, I had my "AH-HA" moment.

Like I said...I'm a little slow!

No comments: