So, you may be asking yourself, "Where did they ever get the nickname 'Fidget?'"
For starters, the prenatal nickname 'Spud' no longer seemed right. (Yes, we do realize she will thank us later for letting that very bad joke go!) What had once seemed fitting for that sonogram image, just didn't work for this new bundle with flailing arms. From the time she was born, she was so full of energy and curiosity about everything that was going on around her that sleep did not seem to be an option, and when she did sleep, it was always an "active sleep," which never lasted very long. She would begin to flail her arms and "fidget" herself awake. And when she was awake, she could never be still...she just had to fidget.
So, here we are 10 months later, and the nickname has stuck and still couldn't be more fitting. We are so very grateful to have such a healthy, beautiful, and energetic Fidget who has brought so much joy to our lives.
I have a few friends who have been sharing their lives with me through their blogs, and I've thoroughly enjoyed feeling so close to some very dear friends, keeping up with what's going on in their lives, and reading their opinions and perspectives on life. Blogging has certainly made some of the miles between us seem to disappear. So, I decided to give this a try (don't know if it's some weird version of "keeping up with the Joneses" or shame that I have yet to build any sort of website), but I'm hoping that this will be an easier and more effective way of keeping everyone current on what's going on in our world. I have no idea how often I'll be able to post, or if I'll have much worthy of blogging, but we'll give this a try and see what happens.
Sunday, September 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kisses to Fidge and HUGS to you!!! (Okay. And MC too).
Post a Comment