Almost every time Fidget is placed in her high chair to eat, I'll turn on some music to have in the background. Our CD choice of late has been Justin Roberts "Meltdown." Some of you have heard me rave about this guy...he's my kiddie-music hero. Kid-friendly music that doesn't make this mom crazy or want to puncture her ear drums. And yes, it's true, Fidget is not requesting specific music yet, but when she hears Justin Roberts start to sing, she starts bopping along every time. If we're in the loft and I start one of his songs on Itunes, she'll cruise over to the computer desk, straining to see the monitor. We have a couple of his videos downloaded, and she thinks whenever she hears his voice, she should see him dancing on the screen. I know, Pavlovian, but I still think it's an early sign of genius. :-)
Anyway, meals over the last couple of days have been slightly challenging as Fidget has not been very hungry. Poor thing must be teething again (though I can't see any other signs of a pesky tooth trying to break through) because she's had awful congestion and a runny nose. She does not feel very well. But after tonight, I'm hoping she's turning the corner after a rough couple of days. While kiddo was eating, she'd bob her head and wiggle in her chair along to the music, as she often does to several of the songs, but tonight she was so excited, and bobbed and wiggled so enthusiastically that the high chair began to "dance," which just added to her excitement. Another moment where I realized that I should have a camera or video camera attached to me at all times.
More on Justin Roberts...If you haven't heard his music but have little ones at home, then you can check out his website at justinroberts.org
Tuesday, September 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Groove on Fidge - Groove on. :-)
Mommy: we've had some luck recently with Gentle Naturals Homeopathic Teething Liquid. Not the tablets, the actual liquid. Just discovered it. Actually, my mom found it. Not sure if it's a fluke or not, but thought I'd pass it on just in case it actually IS helping Chunk!
Post a Comment