So many things to write about--our little Fidget has been quite a busy little girl this week. On Wednesday, Fidget was 11 months old.!!! While M and I are still reeling over that, Fidget starts surprising us with something new almost every day.
On Wednesday I almost fell out of my chair while we were eating lunch when I witnessed Fidget's newest trick:
Fidget wanted a bite of my lunch (a nutritious slice of leftover pizza), so I obliged her. After she'd had the tiniest taste, she decided that she wanted my lunch instead of hers, so she said to me, "Mo!" and pointed to my slice. It took a minute for me to realize what was going on. I asked her if she wanted another bite, and she gave me the sign for more! M and I have been trying to teach her some sign language (our own little science experiment...on top of that of child rearing), but we are not nearly as consistent as we should be, and I hadn't used any signs with her for several days. So, I really did think it was a fluke...that after lunch she would no longer do her new trick. So, I spent the rest of the day testing her, and she passed every time. And she's been doing it ever since. I think it's fair to say: She has a new trick!
Other new tricks she's mastered this week:
She can point to Mommy's nose, but she hasn't figured out where her own nose is.
When she has finished eating and is ready for her bottle, she is very clearly asks for (or is it demands???) her "BaBa! BaBa! BaBa!"
She is beginning to follow simple directions such as, "Can you put the toy in the basket?"
Of course, Fidget is still trying to teach Mommy and Daddy that she is not a trained monkey (so she may not perform as promised!). After church today, as we were leaving the sanctuary, the ministers were standing near the doors as usual to greet the congregation as they leave the service. Fidget had been living up to her nickname the whole service, so Mommy put her down to let her walk for a bit. The ministers were surprised and happy to see that Fidget was standing and, presumably, walking on her own. So, what did Fidget do? Exactly what you would expect - she stood like a statute for 2 minutes without taking a step or even sitting down to crawl! The whole time Mommy and the ministers were trying to coax her to walk toward the ministers as Fidget patiently stood there looking at everyone wondering why they don't understand who's in charge.
And last but not least we've reached another milestone with tooth number 6 finally making it's apperance as of this morning. That was a long time coming! And I am much relieved as I was almost convinced it was never going to show up!
KD & M
Saturday, September 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a smart girl!!!!! I'm so proud of our Fidget!!!
Post a Comment