Tuesday, January 30, 2007
Nap time...
I've wanted to type a post since Saturday, but I've been afraid to do so. I didn't want to jinx anything because Fidget's been napping. In her crib. For about an hour at a time. Saturday was the first time that she stayed asleep in her crib for more than 30-45 minutes. She slept for an hour and 25 mintues on top of a 25 minute nap in the car. I was so certain she was going to be awake after 10 minutes that I spent the entire hour and 25 minutes not doing anything because I knew she'd be awake as soon as I started to do something. So I just sat, flipping through magazines anticipating her cries... (maybe that's the trick? Do nothing? Don't we all wish?!) Now, she still needs to be rocked down or brought in from the car where she fell asleep for a nap. She still doesn't believe in going down in her crib and getting herself to sleep for a nap, but she will sleep in her crib and the sleeping period does seem to be stretching a little bit. Today we made it an hour...of course, that was with 15 minutes in the car first. But we'll take it. Now, the next thing she has to decide is if she wants two naps or one. She just can't figure it out yet, and we never know from one day to the next what it's going to be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh yay!!! Good girl Fidget. Boo, she's only going to continue to get better. She will have some backsliding, of course. But don't lose heart. Her sleeping is only going to get better! YAY YOU for sticking with it and being as consistent as was possible!
Post a Comment