Tuesday, January 09, 2007

You're afraid of what???

We've had several gray, drizzly , rainy days recently. So, on Friday, I pulled out an umbrella for the walk out to the mailbox. I was holding Fidget on my hip, and when I put up the umbrella, she started whimpering. She was afraid of the umbrella! Again yesterday, I had to pull out an umbrella to walk from the car to the music class at church, and Fidget started whimpering and fussing again. Can anyone explain this one??? It's beyond me.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

B went through that same thing. What helped him was that I had a smaller umbrella that I let him play with on non-rainy days. Then when we actually needed to use one later, he wanted to hold it while I held him - which was very helpful when trying to balance him, a purse, diaper bag, and whatever else I had at the moment. Don't know if that will work for Fidget or not, but it worked for B. Good Luck!!