Saturday, January 13, 2007
Separation Anxiety?
Granted we have not left Fidget very often, but when we have, she's taken it like a champ. The few times we have left her with a babysitter or a friend, she might tune up for a few seconds, but then she could pretty easily be distracted. Now, after a couple of months hiatus from the gym, I'm trying to get back into the routine. When I go, I leave Rory in the daycare center there. Well, she is definitely not in favor of this plan. She does not want to be left behind, and she is not interested in playing there either. She will eventually calm down, but she wants to be held by one of the staff at all times. I can usually see into the room while I'm working out, and every time I look in, she's being held. She is never down playing with the toys or other children. I'm wondering if it's just the gym because we haven't been there in a while, and so it all seems new to her, or if this is something we're going to experience everywhere we go. I guess when we leave her in the nursery at church tomorrow, we'll see if we've finally developed separation anxiety, or if it's just that the gym just seems like a new and scary place...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
First of all - KUDOS on getting back to the gym!!!! You're one step ahead of me, that's for sure. Blugh. (I have GOT to start exercising).
Try not to worry too, too much about Fidget. She'll get the hang of it. Mommy is just always infinitely more yummy than anyone else.
I had someone remind me when Poodle was in this phase, (which lasted from birth to, oh, not too long ago! ha!) that when they're older and always busy with other things, you'll actually look back on this desire to be with Mommy and long for it!
Post a Comment