Yesterday was not our best day. Fidget and I had been at the computer watching a video, and we were just about to head down for lunch. I took Fidget out of my lap, and I stood her up next to me as I began to log off the computer. She took a couple of running steps to the gate because I had just asked her if she was ready to go downstairs for lunch, but when I didn't follow her immediately, she ran back over toward me and stumbled. And fell. Hitting her head on the corner of the keyboard drawer. She screamed. I cried, and then I looked. We had our first injury. She had a cut on her eyebrow. I finally got it to stop bleeding, but couldn't decide whether it was deep enough to require stiches or not, so we call the pediatrician who tells us to go to the urgent care center in town. Luckily they felt that Durabond (skin super glue, if you will) would work rather than having to deal with a couple of stiches.
Fidget survived and is doing just great, but I still feel like the mom of the year.
Thursday, January 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh - KDMommy!!! I'm so sorry you had to go thru that. I know it's scary and exhausting. Poodle was about this age when she fell and cut her forehead. I feel what you're going thru!!!
Rest assured that Fidget has already forgotten it all. AND, by this time next year (if not way before then), you won't even see the scar any more. And I'm so glad that they were able to use the SuperDuper skin glue! (My monkey had stiches).
I'm just glad that this is "all" that happened!!! She (and YOU) are troopers!!!
You just earned another BIG Mommy merit badge. Fantastic in a crisis!
Well, great - January 4th and you already have mom of the year crown. Guess the rest of us mommies of toddlers have nothing to 'work' toward this year. :-) Glad everyone is ok and doing well. And LOK is right - Fidget has already forgotten it.
Post a Comment