Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Miss Mouth

Yesterday afternoon Fidget started opening her mouth as wide as she can (think baby-bird-waiting-to-be-fed wide). She gets my attention and then after a few seconds, she'll stop and smile and crack up. She reminded me of a game I had as a kid: Mr. Mouth. I decided to keep the game up, and if I look at her and open my mouth then laugh, then she'll stop what she is doing and do it back. Simple entertainment = silly fun!

One more thing...I'm amused at myself. I can't believe how amazed and proud I get over Fidget doing some little thing that she's figured out on her own. But it truly is amazing to watch a little one grow and learn, and it's somehow very impressive to witness. We've moved into the "heavy coat" days of winter, so Fidget started wearing her puffy coat (anyone remember the snow suit in A Christmas Story?) this weekend, and the sleeves are a little too long, but our goal is to get her in it and zipped up before we worry about getting her hands out of the sleeves. Well, yesterday, she showed me that she did not need my help with that. After I got her zipped up, she held up both arms above her head. Her little hands were now free of the sleeves, and she was a happy girl.

Well, this morning, I've watched her as she's struggled with pj sleeves that are just slightly too long. She'll pass a toy from one hand to the other so that she can then raise that arm above her head until her hand is out of the sleeve. Why does something so simple amaze me so?

1 comment:

Lok said...

Sweetie, I totally know what you're saying. I've often found myself getting excited over a wee one learning to do something seemingly tiny, but it IS so amazing to watch these little babes turn into people! Be amazed every day.... you have an amazing little one!