Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Excuses, excuses...

I really am failing with the blogging lately. There are so many milestones that have been made, cute things that have been said... and yet...

I have made lists and notations as reminders for blog entries. However, I haven't managed to make the time to write. So, to get back into the swing of things, I thought I should start with my excuses. Get those out of the way. Clear the air. Take a blogger test drive, if you will.

Want any more trite sayings?

1) Having a 2nd kid was *more* than I expected it to be. Harder. More exhausting. And yes, more thrilling. More fulfilling. But I am still claiming sleep deprivation, and I'm trying to get in bed soon after I have the kids down for the night. Like Fidget, NWC is not a great sleeper, so I'm still up every couple of hours trying to convince him that we'll all be much happier if we could sleep for longer periods.

2) I have no idea where all of the previously mentioned lists are at the moment because...

3) Our house is back on the market, and this is where all of my energy has been focused when I'm not dealing with both kids: Getting the house in great shape.

We went on the market a year ago, just as the market began to cool off. At the end of August, I decided that we needed a break from showings. After all, we had enough that was about to change with the new baby on the way. This turned out to be a good thing...

MAC and I are both firm believers in the "things happen for a reason" philosophy. Since we have been off the market, MAC's office has been given notice that they are relocating to Shelton, CT in June. Had we sold and bought a new house last year, we would have bought outside of Stamford, but the areas we were looking in were near his current office, and once the office moves to Shelton, his commute would have been much more difficult from those areas. Now we'll be looking for a house much closer to the new office site.

With all of that said...this is not the most ideal time to be on the market, but you have to be on the market to sell, and we would really like to have a bedroom for NWC. Currently he resides in our closet (more on this to follow), an actual yard for the kids to play in, and to be closer to MAC's office. So, we feel we need to be on the market (as saturated as it is with things for sale) to see what happens. On the flip side, should we sell our current home, it's a great time to buy...so, wish us well!

1 comment:

Lok said...

Absolute best of luck with being on the market. I will keep y'all in my prayers that THE perfect buyer comes soon. I know what a headache it is to be selling a house with young children in it. (Well, at least with one young child in it). You have my best wishes thru the whole process!!!