Wednesday, April 30, 2008

30 month check-up

I took Princess Fidget in for a 30 month check up on Monday. While a 30-month check up is not typical, I decided to take Fidget for several reasons:

1) To get an update of her height and weight.

2) To switch her to a different doctor within the same practice. The one who saw NWC when he was readmitted to the hospital at 2 days old for jaundice really impressed me, and I've taken NWC to her ever since. So, I thought the transition might be better if we didn't do it at a major check-up.

3) Fidget has a mind like a trap, so I wanted her to go for a check-up without shots. Especially since every visit we go in for NWC she sees him getting shots.

Everything went well. Fidget looks great. She's 31 pounds and 37 3/4 inches, which puts her at the 75th percentile for weight and 90th for height. And this is the last time she'll be measured on the infant growth chart. ::sniff: And her 4th 2 year molar is coming in. I noted when the first one started coming in and tried to keep track of the others, but she's made it impossible for me to see or feel to check on the others, so I'm glad that she cooperated with the doc about that. At any rate, we're cleared for well-child visits until she's 3.

2 comments:

Nanny and Pere said...

Didn't you say she is 37" (not 27")???

Concerned nanny

Kd said...

Yes, thanks for noticing that typo, Nanny. I've corrected it!