Wednesday, April 30, 2008

6 months! (and still no nickname!)

Yes, can you believe it? NWC is 6 months old today! We're still debating what the nickname should be, and on occasion, one of us will toss out a suggestion, but nothing seems to stick. Nothing has been right. The only one we have agreed would be perfect is already taken: "Fidget" aptly describes both of our children. I've toyed with the idea of "Fidget 1" and "Fidget 2" (as in Dr. Seuss' Thing 1 and Thing 2), but that just wouldn't be fair to Miss Fidget or to NWC. After all, he deserves something that's just his own. The only other thing that has come close has been Prince Charming. He's the only grandson on both sides, so "the prince" seems accurate. And as far as the "charming" part, well, he can turn it on when he wants to. He is quite the flirt when he has an audience. After church on the day of his baptism (more on this later) I was holding him facing outwards, and a nice woman came up to brag on how good he was. He started grinning and giggling and charming her. Within 3 minutes, I was backed against a wall with 6-7 of the older ladies in the church surrounding us in a semi-circle. He has never been happier--babbling, laughing, smiling, and flirting--he certainly chamed them all!

Needless to say, me thinks we are overthinking a bit when it comes to a nickname!

NWC has mastered rolling over in both directions, and he's not quite sitting up, yet, but he's getting better every day. He babbles frequently, and he loves to blow raspberries. He has the BEST baby laugh. He's not the easiest to make laugh, but once he gets started, it's infectious! One of the best things about his laugh to me is that he saves it mostly for his sister's antics. She can get him to laugh more quickly than his dad or I can. And it seems that his first tooth will make an appearance any day now. He'll have his 6 month check up next week, so I'll post more updates on development then.

The pictures below are about a month old, but they are the latest I have downloaded. I'll try to get some newer ones up in the next few days. The last is one of my favorites because he had been playing happily on the floor, and all of a sudden, I realized things had suddenly grown very quiet. I looked over, and he had tired himself out playing, wiggled himself down from where I had propped him up, and fallen asleep!!! I was so excited because this was something Fidget didn't do until she was 2, but of course, he has not yet repeated this trick.




3 comments:

Rhonda said...

What a beautifully handsome boy! I gave up on nicknames for mine - they changed so quickly that nothing stuck for long.

Anonymous said...

THe Prince is a cute nickname for NWC, especially since that's what I called him as you said you were pregnant with a boy! :)

He's getting so big.. can't wait to see him soon. We need to get together soon.

Nanny and Pere said...

Happy half birthday, sweet lad! We love you.