Yep, it's just like I thought it would be. Fidget is not a fan of milk. We began the switch from formula to milk this week, and she's not that into it. At best, I can get her to take 3 ounces over the course of the day.
I had been giving her yogurt for the last few weeks, and she doesn't seem to have a problem with that, so yesterday I decided to try adding some of the liquid yogurt to her diet. So, off we go to the grocery to get some. When we got home, Fidget was in all-out meltdown mode. Nothing was going to make this kid happy. But I was determined to try the yogurt (and get something to make up for the lack of milk) into this kid. So, I popped the top off one, put a "big kid" straw in the bottle and sat down in the floor. I called Rory over to me, and after she decided to take a break from the meltdown, she came over and took a sip of the yogurt. She made a face and turned to begin toddling away, but wait... nope, maybe the yogurt wasn't so bad after all. She turned back around and toddled back to me. And there we were...Fidget standing and sipping, me...sitting and holding the yogurt bottle. She drank the yogurt with the speed and intensity that she reserved for the formula. After she was done, I congratulated her and held up my hand asking her to give me a high five. Yeah, like that was going to happen. We'd tried to teach her this trick before but with no luck. Yet, she looked at me, grinned, gave me a high five, then turned and toddled off as she clapped for herself.
I don't know what she was more proud of herself for...drinking the yogurt from the "big kid" straw or learning the high five trick.
Anyway...high fives all around for our Fidget!
Friday, November 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yay Fidge!!! Virtual top-of-head-kiss to you honey!
Post a Comment