It finally happened the last week of September - Linus learned how to climb out of his crib consistently (and quickly!). Kd had gotten a preview one week prior with no repeat or on command performance forthcoming. Then, while Kd was out taking care of some things and I was on duty putting the kids to bed, it happened.
Linus made his escape three separate times before he settled down enough to fall asleep. I had thought he was settled and gone downstairs when first the crying started, and then got seemingly louder AND closer. I went back to the stairway, and each time, there was Linus at the top of the stairs, blocked by the gate we installed partly to keep Fidget from falling downstairs during a sleepwalking episode. After the third time Linus finally dozed off, but just like an alarm clock, at 6am that morning I opened my eyes to a smiling Linus shouting, "HI DADDY!" at the side of the bed. He proudly showed me how he had learned to climb out a little later that morning, and it was clear that the days of confinement to the crib were over.
We suffered a few more nights before converting his crib to a toddler bed and now we're fighting with Linus about staying in his own bed, but at least we're not worried about him getting hurt by a fall.
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment