Fidget is all about "Happy Days" and is eager to know when the next one is. A "Happy Day" is someone's birthday. So, today is MAC's Happy Day, and we'd all like to wish him the happiest of happy days! We love you!
The other day, I was trying to get Fidget out of the house to run a few errands. To entice her, I told her one of the things we needed to do was to go buy Daddy a Happy Day present. Later, as we pulled into the grocery parking lot, Fidget was very excited to be at the store because we were going to buy presents. I explained to her that we were going to buy only food at this store, that we'd buy presents later. As we were in the car driving home, I'd already forgotten the "enticement" that I'd used to get Fidget out of the house, and I was already mentally running through my to-do list and planning out a strategy for the weekend ahead , mindlessly nodding and agreeing while Fidget's chatterbox was switched to warp speed. I'd completely moved on from needing to pick up something for MAC on this trip and was onto picking up a present for one of Fidget's playmates for his up-coming party, when I realized Fidget was talking about someone's Happy Day. So, I told her that over the weekend she could go to the store with me to pick out a present for her friend's birthday because his happy day was next. To which she replied, "No! Daddy's Happy Day next! Then my turn again!"
Sunday, February 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So, Fidget has got this whole getting presents thing down :-0
Post a Comment