Thursday, June 28, 2007

The Kitty Pool

While we were in the pool this morning, Fidget kept giving me the sign for cat and saying Pool. I would nod and say, Yes, we're in the pool. And she kept giving me the cat sign and looking at me as if I were crazy. I asked her where she saw a cat. I thought perhaps she might have seen a squirrel since evidently the sign for squirrel is the same as the sign for cat in her world, something she's been doing for months. And finally she pointed in the direction of the "Kiddie" pool, made the sign again for cat, and this time she yelled at me with all her might, POOL!

So we spent the rest of our morning visit bouncing between the big pool and the "Kitty" pool.

Yesterday, we had visited with other friends from our church who are also here, and they kept talking about the "kiddie" pool, so that is what I called it the first time we had gotten in it. I spent the rest of the day trying to teach her to call it the "baby" pool, but for now, it remains the "kitty" pool.

2 comments:

Nanny and Pere said...

Wow, what a fun story! Make sure you record it for her.

I've worried about the associations the grands make early on with "pere" and "pair" and "pear."

NancyCatherine said...

Hope y'all are doing ok!