Well, we've apparently gotten really caught up in a few things this summer that have kept us quite occupied. Evidently blogging did not make it to the top of my list! Fidget's been attending Creative Space, an art program at our church. She goes twice a week for one hour and she's having a blast. I especially love that she's getting to play in paint and all sorts of other fun things that she loves so much and make as big a mess as she wants, and I don't have to clean it up! The latter has been especially important with our house on the market!
We've had a great time playing in the pool and with the sand and water table out back and playing with friends. We've been going to the concerts on the green at our church on Thursday nights, and Fidget has had a blast chasing her "boyfriend" Parker (a much older man of 6!) They will literally run non-stop for over an hour. They exhaust everyone who's watching them. We took some pictures at teh last concert, but I've yet to download those pictures. But when I get that done, I'll put up some new pics.
Fidget also went to her first movie on Tuesday (I wrote this last week, so this was a week ago today) to see "Magorum's Wonder Ah-Porium" (translation: Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium). We just found out that one of the theatres in town has free movie showings on Tuesdays. Fidget really loved going with her friends and had a great time.
As for our Mr. Man, he's been quite busy being very lazy! He's perfected the military crawl and gets anywhere he wants to go. He's perfectly capable of getting up on all 4s, but he's not going to crawl on all 4s. Just doesn't see the need to push up that far off the floor, I guess! He's very strong and loves to do chin ups on the frame while reclining under Fidget's hobby horse. He's still not that into solid foods. Part of that is largely due to his being congested for the better part of 3 weeks. Poor guy was just miserable, but he's finally getting over that and beginning to eat more. His favorite things these days are Gerber Puffs and Wagon Wheels--ya know, the junk food!
He did start pulling himself up to a standing position yesterday (last Monday). He's been able to stand for a while, if you put him in the up-right position, but like he does with anything else, he didn't see the need to exert the energy to do it himself. Yesterday he surprised me, though. I turned around to find he'd pulled himself up on a bookcase in the loft. Go kiddo!
So, that sort of catches you up on some of what's been going on around here. Hope everyone else has been having a great summer!
Thursday, August 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment