Today Fidget took an early nap. The good news is, she napped for over an hour! However, when nap time for the day is over about 30 minutes BEFORE you have lunch, you know it's going to be a long day.
So, after lunch we loaded up and headed out to a new (to us, not literally new) park. My plan was I'd wear Fidget out and she'd take another quick nap as we drove from the park to playgroup, which was up in Westport today. We played and played and played. Fidget darted from one thing to the next exploring all the new wonderful things. She slid down the slide only about 58 times, and then she ran over to the swings and begged to get in the swing. I asked her if she was certain that was what she wanted to do as she seems to have this fear of swings. She said yes, and I put her in the swing. After one push, I got the usual "all done" sign and a head vigorously shaking "no." I don't know why, but she just really doesn't like to swing at all.
Later on the playground she found a shovel. I don't know that she's ever played with a shovel in the sand or seen anyone playing with one, so I was rather amazed that she knew exactly how to use the shovel. I know, I know. Simple minds are easy to entertain, and it doesn't take much for my kid to amaze me, but still...I thought it was pretty impressive.
As for my plan that Fidget would sleep on the way to playgroup...well, we all know about plans...
of course she didn't. Well, she did start to drift off about the time we got off the Merritt, but I spent the last 10 minutes of the drive keeping her awake anyway I could. Poor thing was worn out by the time we left, but she's had a big day and spent most of the afternoon outside!
Monday, May 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sorry our girl doesn't like to swing. Maybe she can master the shovel and dig me some flower beds :-)
See you in a few days.
Sorry our girl doesn't like to swing. Maybe she can master the shovel and dig me some flower beds :-)
See you in a few days.
Post a Comment