.jpg)
.jpg)
I made it back from my marathon tour of finer industrial plants in the UK and Germany last Friday night, weather and JFK airport's efforts aside. I got back to the house rather late on Friday night (Saturday morning, really), so I didn't wake Fidget up upon arrival back at home. Being on European time, it was easy for me to get up with Fidget when she first woke up in the morning at 6:15am. It took the poor girl a minute for her eyes to focus, and then once she realized it was Daddy again, there were BIG hugs that she has started giving now and smiles through the nahnah, which is now called a "mimi" I found out. The weekend was good, with lots of time spent with Fidget and Mommy after being away for so long.
Then Monday arrived. Fidget was NOT happy to see Daddy off to work. Crying and agitation started as soon as I put her down with Mommy and headed for the door to leave for the office. Fidget was even less happy Monday night when it was time for bed. Fidget gave me the biggest hugs and would not let go when it was time to sit and read a few books before getting in the crib. I tried to pass her over to Mommy sitting in the chair to read and settle down, but Fidget would not let go and started screaming as soon as she lost contact with me. We finally got her settled down and everyone sat and read together before Fidget was comfortable cuddling up with Mommy and then getting into the crib.
Tonight, we had a babysitter over to watch Rory so that I could go to a church function and Mommy could set up for a mom's gathering at the house. So, what did we get for leaving her with the babysitter? Not a peep from Fidget when she was left to play with the babysitter! I guess she's just trying to keep KD and me guessing...
The pictures represent substantially all the sight-seeing I was able to do. Trafalgar Square is as close as I got to Big Ben, and the outlook above the castle in the picture is the closest I got to one that was still intact (I did see a few piles of stone that used to be castles).
No comments:
Post a Comment