Thursday, April 16, 2009

3 year old pre-school

I can't remember if I've actually posted that Fidget started pre-school or not. And honestly, I'm too tired to research the blog at the moment. So, if I repeat, forgive me.

We moved into the new house mid September. I waited until late October to start looking at pre-schools in the area. I wanted to let the dust settle a little, give everyone time to get accustomed to our new space with as little pressure as possible. Plus, Fidget also needed a little more time to settle in with toilet training.

We toured several schools. I loved that every single one we visited, Fidget just marched herself right into the middle of what was going on like she was supposed to be there: She played with kids who were playing, sat in on a circle time, and she even began a painting (uninvited) on an easel in one classroom! Every time we left one of the tours, I actually had to convince her we needed to leave. If I didn't already know how ready she was for school, I now had proof!

She started a program the 2nd week of November and goes to school 3 mornings a week. She is in a class that has 4 other girls and 5 boys, and she is having a blast. She loves her teachers, and I think she's going to be sad this summer when she has to take a break from school.

She started the day after the class pictures were taken, so she's not in her class' group shot, but she did have the chance to do a make-up picture session, so here is Fidget's first school day picture! She had just turned 3.




2 comments:

Rhonda said...

What a big girl picture!
Glad she likes her class - I am sure she is having a blast with her classmates!

Lok said...

Precious!!! Wow - class pictures have come a LONG way since we were stuck in front of that blue gray plastic looking screen on a stool that turned in circles and were given 2 1/2 nanoseconds to get situated before our picture was taken and forever preserved for posterity in the yearbook.