Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Gratefulness

Nor'easters.

Sunday as we watched the rain, I actually said, "It's not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be." And thank God that it wasn't any worse than it was. We ended up with only about an inch of water over our entire basement. Our basement is finished except for a storage/utility area, and it's where we have our family room. We have someone working with the carpet now--ripping it up and pulling up the pad, and we think that the furniture will be ok.

We are so grateful that our damage was so insignificant. We know several others who have it so much worse. Two separate families we know have 2 and 3 feet of water standing in their basements. And in towns nearby, it was much worse than that.

So, we say prayers of thanks today!

1 comment:

Lok said...

Oh. My. Goodness. I didn't even know that kind of weather came thru there. I'm so glad that you didn't have worse damage, but I'm so sorry for what you are dealing with!!!