We've been putting a gate across Fidget's door at night to stop her from coming into our bedroom and waking us up at 5am. Last night was a tough night getting to sleep for Fidget. We had left her in her bed, presumably calm, if not asleep, with her bedtime music playing. We went 2 flights downstairs to watch TV in the basement.
We have a monitor, and so could tell that Fidget had quieted down some after awhile. KD had started to doze off, being exhausted from chasing Fidget, and now finally sitting still. Sebastian was sitting on the couch beside me. All of a sudden, I heard noises like someone walking around upstairs on the first floor. Everyone who wasn't supposedly asleep and penned in was sitting on the couch downstairs, and I hadn't heard the door open. So, I started think either the house was making some weird noises, or I'd better get upstairs quickly to intercept the sub-3 foot tall person I expected to see.
Sure enough, as I got to the top of the stairs, there was little Fidget, rubbing her eyes in the light (lights were mostly off on the 2nd floor). She had come down one flight of stairs all on her own and was about to come down the next one to join Mommy and Daddy watching TV. I scooped her up and headed upstairs to her room again. There in the hall was the gate, pushed straight out from the door into the hallway, flat on the floor, just like the jail wall or bars in an old western movie or TV show when the prisoner escapes. Needless to say, we rebuilt the jail quickly after putting Fidget back in bed and managed to avoid further escapes last night.
Friday, October 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment